timing, patience, calm, and trust


This encompasses my day today.  It started at 2am with my daughter sick.  She had a cough and fever.  After I settled her into a Peppermint and On Guard bath, I set up a diffuser next to my bed with Peppermint, Lavender, On Guard, and Melaleuca.  While checking on her in the bath, I brush my teeth with a drop of On Guard on my toothpaste to get my body ready for any sickness to fight.  I get a few more hours sleep after listening to her jabber on and on about not feeling well and her friends that haven't felt well and another time when she was sick and on and on and on..... :) ahhhh, six year old jabber!  I am woke again at 6am, this time by my 10 year old son wanting to play video games.  I get up, realizing sleep is a lost cause at this point in the morning and knowing that coffee is a necessity.  

Coffee is always a daily necessity.

It is one of the few things that happen EVERYday (yes, I say "happen" because it is an amazing experience), and I still look forward to it.
Coffee in the morning never gets old or tiring.
It is a MUST in my self-care realm.

And....now we can get back to the day...with coffee in hand.

A "conversation"' starts with my husband that requires two breaks and two pots of coffee between the two of us.  I decide to take a shower for our break #3.  I also decide that this warrants use of my Serenity soap.  After my Serenity shower, I mix Coriander and Lavender in with my lotion.  Bergamot goes on my lava bead bracelet and on the back of my neck with Whisper.

Now, I am ready for what the day has to hand me...because it hasn't already handed me enough, huh?

I acknowledge my emotion/feeling in the moment and respond to it.  I respond in various ways, as I have mentioned...essential oils, self-care activities, trusting instincts, preventative routines, etc. 

On Guard: 1-2 drops; Peppermint: 3-4 drops

2-3 drops of each


2 drops each in palm of hand, rub in lotion or bracelet


Comments

Popular Posts