feeling your feelings- the power of peppermint

Image result for peppermint doterra emotionI recently recorded a video discussing the "power of peppermint."  Peppermint essential oil can benefit your body in many ways.  It's top properties are: anti-inflammatory, invigorating, cooling, stimulating, and vasoconstriction.  Peppermint essential oil has replaced many items in my medicine cabinet.  I use it when my children get a fever- drop a few drops in a bath and no more fever!  Put a few drops on a warm washcloth that is placed on the forehead or back of the neck- no more fever or headache!  I have not had aspirin or Motrin or Tylenol in my home for over 2 years now.  I have diffused peppermint with lavender and lemon when friends come over who are allergic to my pets.  No allergic reaction whatsoever!  I use a drop of peppermint on the tongue to get rid of onion breath super quick.  Or, I make a breath spritzer to carry in my bag with a few drops peppermint and distilled water instead of buying packs of gum.  Peppermint also aids in digestive discomfort.  I rub it on my abdomen mixed with doTERRA's Digestzen to relieve stomach cramping caused from something I have eaten.  No more suffering through it or avoiding foods I love!  Speaking of food, peppermint also assists with cravings that you are trying to eliminate from your day or diet.  There are so many physical benefits from using peppermint oil!

What I love most about peppermint are the emotional benefits it brings too.  It is the oil of a "buoyant heart" states the Emotional Reference Guide, 4th Edition (2015).  It states,
Image result for peppermint doterra emotionThe power of Peppermint can be felt most in times of discouragement or depression.  When the individual is disheartened, they may use Peppermint to re-discover the joy of being alive.  However, a person may also abuse the properties of Peppermint oil.  If it is used as a permanent escape to avoid dealing with emotional pain, it can hinder growth and progress...It aids individuals who need a short "breather."
I find this absolutely fascinating!  I love it as a reminder that emotional pain needs to be felt and dealt with healthily.  Emotional pain is needed in order to find out so many things about ourselves and others.  Our emotions and our reactions to our emotions affect our relationships with others and our relationship with our self-talk.  I recently read an article about our emotions in relation to our significant other and his/her emotions.  We give cues to others based on our feelings.  The other person responds but not based on our emotion.  He/She responds based on their emotion(s), which could be completely different based on their experiences and brain patterns.  This is always something to keep in mind when we start to feel as if we are being completely misunderstood.  We really are being completely misunderstood!  And, it is not anyone's fault!





Maybe peppermint can come to the rescue!

Comments

Popular Posts