have a day

I love this.  Some mornings I wake up and this thought is what pulls me out of a slump.  I may drop some doTERRA Console into my lotion routine.  I probably will drop Geranium on my lava bead bracelet.  I know I will diffuse Peace through out my space.  In the end the feeling is still there and the feeling needs to be felt.  It is there for a reason.  It is there to teach, to remember, to learn.  I remind myself that feelings are temporary.  Feelings will pass.  I remind myself these sad ones do not come as often as they used to or as strongly as they once did.  
I reflect back about my classroom and the children that walked through my door.  I think about how much they relied on my mood, my attitude, and even my strength to pull them through their day.  I would tell myself "I will have 'a day'."  I would put forth my best effort and it would be "a day."  I would feed off their natural energy and give them "a day."  They would see the effort given and they would take it.  We would roll doTERRA Motivate and Hope on our wrists.  We would watch a few Class Dojo mindfulness videos to remind us about how to tame our monster.

Whether it is regulating the emotions of a classroom or regulating myself as I work from home, small self-care exercises may not rid the feelings.  The small tricks like reaching for an essential oil, taking a quick walk outside, or listening to a favorite playlist can bring some balance and solitude for a moment.  When we put things into our environment that bring us comfort and joy, we are sprinkling love upon ourselves and practicing self-care. The favorite earrings that make you feel like a rockstar.  The song that really gets your blood pumping and puts you in a space with good memories.  Working in front of the fireplace on a cold, fall day.  These small actions fill the emotional bucket, replenishes the soul, and settles the nerves to get you through the low feelings.  All of it needs to happen to ensure that I "have a day."

Small self-care ideas for any daily life routine:
*meditate for 5-10 minutes with a meditation app or music
*stretch- stand up, reach for the sky, reach for your toes, reach for the wall to your left and right, repeat
*drink your favorite drink- coffee, tea, soda, wine, water, etc
*eat a piece of chocolate
*think of your favorite people and send them lovingkindness
*draw/doodle for 5 minutes
*read from a favorite book or website
*look at pictures of family and friends
*turn a diffuser on with your favorite essential oil while you shower or bathe
*call a friend
*write a positive note to yourself
*write your favorite words/phrases in journal 
*sit on a porch and listen to the sounds around you
*sit in your car and listen to the sounds around you
*go for a walk around the block or around the building
*research something you are interested in or curious about
*pray
*list 10 things you are grateful for
*put on your favorite sweater, hoodie, shirt, etc.

Comments

Popular Posts