(in short) It's Beautiful

There is a song by James Blunt.  The lyrics go something like this..."you're beautiful, you're beautiful it's true...there must be an angel with a smile on her face when she thought up that I should be with you...."

This song comes to mind almost every time I put on this Beautiful oil by doTERRA.  I received it as a gift.  I was having a rough day of sorts (i.e. dancing alongside the emotions and behaviors of an alcoholic).  I had plans to meet up with my friend, and we were talking on the phone to finalize the plans.  She asked me, "What do you need from me at this moment?"  I said the first thing that came to my mind, "I could really use some Beautiful oil.  I need to feel beautiful about myself."  I had only intentions to put some on for the evening.  She gave me the whole bottle.  :)

I put the oil on before I went to bed that night.  I put it on with my lotion in the morning.  I put it on my lava bracelet.  I put it on the back of my neck and inside the forearms every few hours.  Repeat the next day and the next day and....for at least 5 days.

One of the awful things about alcoholism is the emotional damage and the mental chaos it creates for the loved ones of the alcoholic.  The words that are used and directed towards the loved ones can be completely bizarre and outlandishly false.  Yet, somehow the brain tells the loved one differently.  It fights with the common sense or the true belief within oneself.  Maybe it stems from childhood circumstances and environments.  I read about this in regards to children in Help for Billy by Heather T. Forbes.
Children's beliefs are created when experiences happen over and over again and when phrases are spoken repeatedly.  Beliefs get stronger when more evidence supports them.  The mind is like the software of the brain.  A child's mind is "programmed" by his experiences, and this becomes the "software" by which he perceives and operates in the world.  A child is not born into this world knowing he is worthy, loved, or all right.  It is by design of the parent-child relationship that these beliefs are to be "installed."  Whether or not these beliefs are positive or negative is irrelevant.  All beliefs become real because the child has no filters to discern true beliefs from false beliefs.  They become a tremendous power and driving force in the child's life.

The way the brain interprets and processes all activities, environments, words, behaviors, etc. throughout our lives is amazing to me.  During that week and since then, every time I start to feel down on myself or harsh words are said to me, I roll some Beautiful on.  Every time I am told something about me that is uncharacteristic and I feel less of who I believe I am, I put on some Beautiful.  But, I cannot just give all the credit to this oil.  I have also started listening to Dr. Wayne W. Dyer's podcast.  What he says is truly amazing and uplifting.  He talks about changing your attitude can and will change your life.  Your inner thoughts are what controls your destiny.  (I feel like a Gif or something.)  Listening to him for 20-30 minutes reminds me of the why I do what I do every day.  Or, it reminds me that everything I do will impact my direction in life, even the small things.  Sometimes his talks remind me that I need to put on the Beautiful oil because I AM beautiful and should FEEL beautiful and should BE beautiful.
 

Comments

Popular Posts